Monday, June 24, 2013

Rant about everyone taking all my time

How difficult is it these days to get some personal time? Well, that depends on who you are. If you're the guy without a wife/girlfriend, and you are a loner, and you don't live near home, then you might not have any problems being alone. Hell, you're probably alone too often.

Not me though. I've got a wife, 2 kids (toddler, infant), parents 1 mile away, sister and large family 1 mile in the other direction, and more than enough friends. There's also work and church. That's alot of people and alot of places to divide my time. Oh, and then there's me, the writer who actually needs an hour or two everyday to hone his craft.

So let's look at this objectively: If I give everyone all of my time, what's left for me? Nothing. And then what? Well, everyone else in my life suffers because I'm not caring for myself. If I hoard all of my personal time and never give to those I love, then what? Well, I'll lose the people I care about because they'll think I don't care. What is a man to do?...Seriously, what should I do?

I have, in the past, simply parceled out my time to each person in my life, depending on their importance (sorry church!), and I always feel as though that time is diluted, degraded. In all honesty, I may just have to account for every second of every day, maybe create a spreadsheet or something. Oh, and I'm pretty sure I'll have to limit the number of people in my life, y'know, the ol' "closed borders" policy? That's another random rant for another random day.

Have a great one!

Best,

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment