Monday, June 17, 2013

A Monday poem

Wake up early, put on my clothes
Staying angry and surly while I swerve on the road
Eyes are blurry, I'm hung-over, y'know
But I don't worry, because, my energy grows,
And then I punch the clock and relieve my woes

I kick up my feet and get on the net,
I check the sports scores, did I win on my bets?
I avoid the work, and I avoid the jerks,
I have nothing to do, just enjoy the perks

The manager is late, probably been drinking, too
And her gait is real funny, must've gotten screwed
"Morning," I say, "How do ya do?"
"I'm OK," she says, "I just don't feel too new."

Monday rolls on, I'm just getting a check,
The money is worth a little pain in my neck,
Once I get home I'm already a wreck,
And the week hasn't started it's second day yet!

Tuesday is here, but I feel like a prick
Or like someone bent me over and inserted a stick
So I decide my co-workers are due for a trick,
I pick up my phone and call in the day sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment