Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Everyone is always trying to make money. Make more money, and then make more money....It's an endless pursuit. Whether you are Bill Gates or the guy who begs under the bridge at I-35 and Inwood Road in Dallas TX, you are trying to get more money. Wait, what? Bill Gates is trying to make more money? But he's a mult-billion, gajillion dollar business mogul!

Do a bit of research. Even after Bill Gates entered the top .0001 percent of wealthy people in the world, he was still working 60 hour weeks, creating brand new products and furiously competing with other major software enterprises. Mr. Gates is not alone in this...extremism. Look up almost any super-rich, super-successful person, and you will find that their passions burn bright even after they have achieved (presumably) their goals. Kobe Bryant comes to mind, who still plays injured and outworks his 19 year old teammates. Mark Cuban is another.

My point is that having more money and caring for your family is a great goal to have, but once you've made the money, then what? Ok, now your family is supported, now you have all the free time in the world, and now what do you do? Well, you keep doing the same thing that you did before, because it's who you are! Surprise! The pursuit of the almighty dollar never was, and never is, the point of life.

I've created this blog to help promote my work. I'm an independent author who has written Romance, Action, Horror and Historical Fiction. I'm going to primarily write Historical Fiction in the future, unless I get a lot of demand for a different type of novel. And yes, I am writing for money. But also know that yes, I write because I love it. I write books during my lunch breaks EVERYDAY at work, everyday, for 1 hour, I write and write. I write in the evenings. I write on weekends.

Even after the time comes where my family is living comfortably, I will pursue my passion as long as I have eyes to see and fingers to type. Money is not the point, but it never hurt as a side-effect.

What are your passions?

No comments:

Post a Comment