Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The joys of looking angry

I'm not an angry person. I'm (in my opinion) actually quite friendly and occasionally talkative. Not loquacious, per se, but affable. But today is hump day and I'm sleeeepyy...very sleepy. For some reason my "sleepy face" also looks rather annoyed and detached. I suspect this is true of many people. Anyways, walking around with my sleepy face has garnered me quite a few "don't f@$! with him looks" and I couldn't be happier.

It's not that I want people to think I'm dangerous or anything other than what I really am, but it's nice to not bother saying hello to people who you don't want to, smiling at random people in the elevator and cheerfully chatting with some of God's dumbest creations. People are leaving me alone, and that's given me time to think about my upcoming book, my family, sports...It's almost like being cut off from the world. And that has led me to wonder, do many convicts feel the same way, all the time? Perhaps they don't like people, plain and simple. I'm not saying that I want to be left alone all the time (like solitary confinement) but there is definitely such a thing as too much socializing.

And thank God I don't have to deal with it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment